Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Golden


So I feel as I am hit by inspiration or as other interesting and or notable events occur that I would write them down.  I've always enjoyed writing and striving to orchestrate my words in rhythm with my imagination, though not always grammatically correct
 (I prefer to use my right to artistic license).  

Thought I'd start off from the beginning.  It was a summer's day in Peru, IN at approximately 11:00am July 27th, 1982 that I came into this world...no worries, I'm not going to share my entire life's story, but thought I should mention that I just celebrated my "Golden Birthday" on Monday.  For those of you unfamiliar with the golden meaning, it's just simply turning the same age number as your birth date (i.e. 27 on the 27th in my case)  It was wonderful!  My first birthday as a married woman (awww).  This past Monday also marks 100 days of being married to the man of my dreams.  Talk about golden!  

My sweet husband had been preparing a special gift for me.  I woke up to a basket full of cards and small (strange) gifts that just happened to be clues, including: a spoon with sugar, birdseed, sidewalk chalk, dictionary, jolly ranchers, and a kite- any guesses?  Now I had heard on the radio that Disney's Broadway tour of "Mary Poppins" was coming to Dallas, being a disney fan and broadway fan, I wanted to go, naturally!  So that's what my hubby got me!  Tickets to go! All the cards and fun clues represented something from the songs from Mary Poppins.  

For lunch, my sister treated me to McDonald's, but it's cool, I knew where Sam was taking me to dinner and wanted a small lunch, so Jenna, Reijah (my niece) and I all got happy meals.  Economical and fun, not to mention free mocha Mondays!  Then that evening Sam & I went to "The Melting Pot" for dinner...Wowza!  One of the most romantic restaurants ever, and absolutely delicious...better stop or I'll rant there for a while. After 2.5 hours of fine dining and full happy tummies, we went and bought Mary Poppins on DVD and watched it when we got home.  Also received some gift cards from my family and am looking forward to a sweet shopping spree-yahoo!  It was a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment