Monday, August 3, 2009

Aspiring


I like to try new things, and re-visit past hobbies.  This time it is my old friend, the paint brush.  Recently I was asked to help with an illustrated message by doing a painting.  I'll admit that my hand was shaky, and I did drop my paintbrush at least twice in the course of doing so.  It had been quite a while since I had painted, much less something that was going to be in front of a group of 100 people.  But at the same time, I found something so fulfilling about it, and had a blast painting.  To my surprise, the painting turned out better than I had expected!  (relieved) So, I think I'll pick up my old friend once again.  Saturday my husband encouraged me to buy a couple canvases...now to get some new brushes and paints, and eventually an easel as well.  I'll post some new pics as they come.  That's the beans for today!

"The Giving" 7/15/09

No comments:

Post a Comment